Wednesday 9 March 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Emerald by Karen Wallace

Waiting on Wednesday is an awesome meme held at Breaking The Spine which encourages bloggers to share books that they are eagerly anticipation that have yet to be released!

My pick this week is:


Emerald by Karen Wallace

Publisher description: Emerald St. John is in trouble. She has been condemned to marry a man she hates. Her enemies are conspiring to have her pet bear Molly torn apart in the baiting pits, and the man she loves is far away on the high seas. And she has stumbled into a web of spies with a plot to poison Queen Elizabeth I. To save herself and the kingdom, she must beat the spies at their own game - which means transforming herself from a country girl into a Court lady. Can she do it in time? Set against a detailed and vivid recreation of a great Elizabethan manor house, Emerald will bring to life a world where the most sophisticated rules of etiquette went hand in with brutality and superstition.

Release Date: July 7, 2011


I adore the Tudor time period and  court intriguge so this premise sounds amazing and just my type of book. Also, the cover is beauitfully stunning with that bright emerald dress on the hazy snowy background- I definitely need this one sitting on my bookshelf! I feel a Beauitful Dresses Coverlicious post coming on in the future so I better not gush too much about it now....

What are you waiting on this week?

4 comments:

  1. Nice choice
    Looks interesting and I want her dress...
    May try it at some time
    Like WoW this week? Its a book that is very me...
    Looked at your currently reading thing- I've got delirium to read soon as well!
    Nina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one's on my tbr list too! Isn't her dress amazing? Although it does make her look really, really tall :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! I can't wait for this book. When I first saw that dress I was captivated. Then I read the description and now I can't wait for the release!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me smile! So thank you for taking the time to write one, I read all of them.
I try my best to reply here or on your blog :)

Stephanie x