Tuesday 21 September 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Deeper than Blue by Jill Huckelsby

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along and have fun! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read

  • Open to a random page
  •  Share (preferably 2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

My teasers this week comes from Deeper Than Blue by Jill Huckelsby:

'And there it is at last- the shrill sound of the whistle- a discordant shriek sending impulses my nervous system, straight to my muscles, asking them to propel me into the air and down into the water like an arrow.'

'I feel a shiver pass down my spines and with it, the realisation that I will never be officially 'in traning' as a county swimmer again.'

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Just stopping by from Lori's Reading Corner, I'm a new follower, will you follow me back?
    Hafsah @ IceyBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser.

    Found you on Lori's Linky for Show Me The Money.

    Cute Blog.

    Stop by mine if you like.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me smile! So thank you for taking the time to write one, I read all of them.
I try my best to reply here or on your blog :)

Stephanie x