Wednesday 15 December 2010

British Books Challenge bought to you by the Bookette

As a British blogger, I was delighted to find and sign up for The British Books Challenge 2011 that is being hosted by Becky at The Bookette (the first challenge she has hosted).  I think it's a wonderful idea and will hopefully give lots of support to British authors.

The Challenge

Any books written by British authors whether they are old or new and in print or out count for the challenge, any genre and aimed at any age group count for the challenge.

I am taking part in the Home Grown category for the challenge, which is for British Bloggers. The aim is to read 12 novels for the challenge, which I hope I will be able to reach.

There is also a category called International Friend for bloggers living overseas who want to support British authors.

To find out more information about Becky's challenge, go to the sign up post HERE!

My list

At the moment this is very sketchy and will change a lot but here are a few  British books I hope to read for the challenge:

Witch Child by Celia Rees
Mary Hooper’s new book (title to be confirmed)
Books from Chalet School series by Elinor M.Brent
Alice in Love and War by Ann Turnball
The Queen’s Lady by Eve Edwards
Marie Louise Jensen- Sigrun’s Secret
The Pale Assassin by Patricia Elliot
The Traitor’s Smile by Patricia Elliot
Georgette Heyer novels novels

Becky has also planned some amazing prize pack giveaways  for each month of the year, sponsored generously by different UK publishers, which is very exciting.

I invite you to join with me in this challenge and head over to The Bookette!

4 comments:

  1. This one sounds like fun. I've read the Pale Assassin and didn't even realize the author was British, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many fantastic sounding historical novels. I am going be looking out for your reviews. It may help me add to my own list. Exciting!
    Best of luck and I hope you enjoy the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's awesome that you've included Chalet School books on your list. I've read a few of those, and now you've reminded me about them I'm thinking it might be time for a reread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've joined in too, but don't have my whole list worked out yet. Looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me smile! So thank you for taking the time to write one, I read all of them.
I try my best to reply here or on your blog :)

Stephanie x