|Feel free to grab this button to spread the word|
About Georgette Heyer
Georgette Heyer is the creator of the regency romance genre and truly brings Regency England to life with : (as described by GeorgetteHeyer.com) romance, fashion, upper classes, cross-dressing, arranged marriages, murder, intrigue, sarcasm and humour! From what I have read, her heroines and handsome heroes are all very likable and well developed characters that make me laugh.
I also love Heyer because her romances are clean unlike most other historical fiction/ regency books, so I am able to read them!
A short Heyer biography from Austen Prose:
Born August 16, 1902 in Wimbledon near London, Georgette Heyer’s writing career began in 1921 at the age of nineteen with the publication of The Black Moth, a story originally written in serial format to amuse her younger brother. It was a romantic comedy set in the mid eighteenth-century and involved many of the elements that would later become her trademark: money, marriage and social machinations of the English Aristocrats and gentry.
Best known for her twenty-six Regency-era romance novels (1811-1820), she is often linked to Jane Austen. Although their styles are similar in basic concept, Austen wrote contemporary novels with little physical descriptions and Heyer wrote historical novels with detailed physical description for a contemporary audience.
Have you read any of Georgette Heyer's books before and enjoyed them?
Are you an inquisitive Georgette Heyer newbie who fancies something new?
Or you already a devoted Heyer fan?
Then this challenge is for you!
2) Fascinated- Read 5 GH novels in 2011
3) Captivated- Read 10 GH novels in 2011
4) Obsessed- Read 15 GH novels in 2011
5) Addicted- Read 15+ GH novels in 2011
- The challenge runs from 1st January 2011 and ends 31st December 2011. You can join at any time within these dates
- Anyone can participate
- Any of Heyer's novels count for the challenge whether they are regency, crime or thriller (however, most of her books are regencies.) Here is a full list of her novels.