Saturday 4 December 2010

A note about my YA Historical Fiction Challenge 2011

Soon after I published my post about my YA historical fiction challenge, one of my readers kindly contacted me to tell me that Sabrina from YA Bliss had the same idea as me and posted a few hours earlier. Even though we both thought of the idea independently as I thought of the idea back in the summer when I first started this blog, to be fair to her and to avoid it looking like a copy-cat situation I have decided to still  keep my challenge running but not promote it.

Sabrina will be holding some giveaways related to the challenge so you might want to have a look at the link to her challenge post above. I am so glad that a wonderful genre that never used to be very popular has grown enough to have 2 people think of the same challenge!

Thank you so much to the people who signed up for my challenge and posted about it, you are very welcome to carry on with it and I would love to know how you do with it.
I still want to promote YA historical fiction though so I am currently working on some ideas for another event. I will keep you posted!

5 comments:

  1. I really feel for you... I know it is difficult when you have an idea at the same time as another blogger. I look forward to hearing your new idea for promoting historical fiction. Perhaps a themed month would work with other blogger participation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww< thanks Becky! I know things like this can easily happen in the blogging world so I tried not to get too upset about it and move on.

    Yeah, I had that in mind too and I think it's a brilliant idea and would be really fun to organise. Thanks so much for the suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie,
    I'd just signed on for Sabrina's challenge when I saw yours. I'm thrilled to see so much interest in my favorite genre! I bookmarked your page and I hope that when I complete the first challenge I can come back and sign up for yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a shame, but I'm glad you're still going to do the challenge and that people will still be participating. I'm looking forward to reading all of the reviews that come out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be wonderful to have you once you have finished Sabrina's challenge Susan!

    Sam- I'm looking forward to reading the review of people paricipaing in the challenge too as well as reading my own books :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me smile! So thank you for taking the time to write one, I read all of them.
I try my best to reply here or on your blog :)

Stephanie x