Wednesday 29 December 2010

Waiting on Wednesday:Sigrun's Secret by Marie-Louise Jensen


Sigrun's Secret
The beautiful cover!

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine that highlights upcoming books that we are eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is: Sigrun's Secret by Marie Louise Jensen

'Their garments are black as night. They carry torches in their hands, darkness and anger in their hearts. They are coming.' When a dark family secret is exposed, Sigrun's peaceful life is shattered. Forced to pay for her parents' misdeeds, she finds herself exiled from all she knows - and from the boy she loves - for three long years. Yet more secrets lie ahead; not least the power Sigrun finds awakening in herself, seemingly passed to her from a mysterious amulet. Can she use her new-found gift to save herself and those around her from the dangers they face? And will true love wait until her return?

It is the sequel to Daughter of Fire and Ice, which I loved and was in my top ten books of 2010. It was left on quite a big cliffhanger, some of which the answer is hinted in the description but I am really looking forward to reading Thora's (the main character in the first book) daughter's story.


It is released on the 1st of January so not long to wait!

What are you waiting on this week?

5 comments:

  1. I like the cover of the sequel so much better. The cover of the first one really turns me off, but the plot and the sequel's cover make me want to pick this one up. Especially since it made your top ten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the well wishes, Stephanie! :) I really like the blue hues in this cover.

    Also, btw, I stopped by the library today and lo and behold on the discards shelf were a couple Enid Blyton books! They're in the Malory Towers series, which I'd never heard of before, and they were only 25 cents so I got them :) Have you read these, and if so, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are on my list to read :) The covers are intriguing.

    I love your blog, it's so beautiful! I will look out for more posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so so so good! I haven't read the first book, but I totally need to now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SR- I know what you mean about the cover of DOFAI, the girl's stare is slightly unnerving.

    Danya- Yay- you got Malory Towers! I re-read tem several times and love them although I haven't read them for about 2 years. They are very typical boarding school with lots of midnight feats and tricks. I want to re-read them again now to see if my opinions have changed. I'll write more on your blog :)

    Dawn- Thanks for stopping by- I'm so glad you like my design and I hope to see you around again soon!

    Melissa- Yes, I'm sure you'll love them! I hope you get round to them :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me smile! So thank you for taking the time to write one, I read all of them.
I try my best to reply here or on your blog :)

Stephanie x