Thursday 2 December 2010

Top Ten Tuesday (on Thursday) Characters who you want as best friends

This week I have been extremely busy with schoolwork and I feel like a bad blogger but I love the theme of this week so I decided to take part albeit very late.

Top Ten Tuesday is held at The Broke and The Bookish and is a meme where bloggers share their Top Ten of a particular theme each week.
Top Ten Book characters who I would like to have as best friends (in no particular order):

  • Jo March from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Jo is vivacious, clever and independent and at the end of the day she is always there for her family. Jo loves books and writing so we would have a lot in common and I love her sense of fun. I think she would be a loyal best friend even if she does have a fiery temper.
  • Lizzie Bennett from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
I'm sure Lizzie Bennett will be on many people's lists, she has been like a best friend to many Pride and Prejudice and Austen lovers over the years.
  • Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables
I would love to be Anne's best friend partly because I want to go and live on Prince Edward Island in her era and wear pretty dresses! Like Jo, she would be a very fun and faithful person to be around.
  • Joey Bettany from The Chalet School
In the Chalet School books Joey always makes me laugh with what she says and with her quirky obsession with Napoleon. I would definitely like to be around when she is up to mischief playing tricks at school! Joey is also the editor of her school newspaper like me and wants to be an author.
  • The O'Sullivan twins from the St Claire's series by Enid Blyton
Pat and Isobel may at first be a little tiresome to their school mates but I would love to go to the fictional St Claire's boarding school for a week and enjoy midnight feasts, lacrosse and tricks on the mistresses
  • Ellie from The Secret Countess by Eve Edwards
Ellie is such a sweet and kind but sensible girl
  • Arabella from Arabella by Georgette Heyer
She is very naive and innocent but caring and sweet, hitting a Georgian London season with her would be a lot of fun
  • Sapphire from the Ingo series by Helen Dunmore
Sapphire has a great sense of humour and it would be wonderful to visit the underwater world of  Ingo with her!

Polly from House of Secrets by Jennie Walters
Polly takes a huge risk to help her best friend so she would make a very trustworthy and reliable friend. Aside from the fact that she lives in Victorian England!

  • Sarah Stanley from The Golden Road by L.M Montgomery
Sarah appears in The Golden Road but I know her best from the Canadian TV series which is based around it called Road To Avonlea. She is very imaginative, which means she is always coming up with plans and ideas and she is a brilliant storyteller.



6 comments:

  1. Sarah was a favourite of mine, too :) I especially love the first 3--I think those are popular ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Sarah Stanley! I actually haven't read The Golden Road but would totally be friends with the Sarah from the TV series. She was fun and imaginative and wasn't a real goody-goody like Cecily or Felicity :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely Sara Stanley. I'm a huge Avonlea fan too. I love Sara Polley. I was so sad when she got phased out of the show. I was also mad when they replaced the actress who played Cecily.
    The Golden Road is one of my fav books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thanks for your comments on the BTNB post! You do kind of end up building your own smaller niche within the larger book blogging community, especially with some of the bloggers who started around the same time as you (I think you and I started about the same time! :D)

    Also, yes, it can get kind of obsessing...I am not quite over that yet I think :D

    I hope you get the last Avonlea season for Christmas - you must have been waiting for a while now to see the end!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alison- Me too, she said she didn't feel that her heart was in the show. I agree about changing Cecily too, that was terrible at first and she just didn't seem like the same character! I'm sure they had their reasons though.

    Dnya- Yes, it was lovely to see both of our blogs build up gradually. Me neither, it's so much fun but I have to remember to concentrate on my school work.
    Thank you, yes usually I get a box set every birthday from my grandparents so I got series 6 in April. That seems like such a long time ago :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me smile! So thank you for taking the time to write one, I read all of them.
I try my best to reply here or on your blog :)

Stephanie x