Sunday 1 May 2011

April 2011 Wrap Up



April was a brilliant reading month for me because it was the Easter holidays and I got lots of books read (10). I also got lots of lovely books for my birthday and a Kindle! Click on the links for the books to see my review (some haven't been reviewed yet.)

Books I read this month (random order)


Anastasia's Secret

Montacute House by Lucy Jago

Montacute House

Prisoners In The Palace by Michaela Mcoll

Prisoners in the Palace

My Story Diary: Anastasia by Carolyn Meyer

Anastasia: The Last Grand Duchess, Russia, 1914 (The Royal Diaries)


Princess of the Midnight Ball

Prisoner Of The Inquisition by Theresa Breslin

Prisoner of the Inquisition

Jane Austen: A Life Revealed by Catherine Reef

Jane Austen: A Life Revealed


The Bride's Farewell


Chime


Sigrun's Secret



Did Not Finish

The Opposite Of Amber by Gillian Phillips

The Opposite of Amber

There was nothing bad about this book but I just couldn't seem to get into it because I wasn't connecting with the characters very well and the story didn't hold my interest. I've heard some good things about it from other bloggers so I wouldn't write it off just because of my experience of it.

Currently Reading:

Waterfall by Lisa T Bergen



Happy reading for May!

6 comments:

  1. That's a rather lot of books! =)
    Shame about The Opposite Of Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a lot of mixed reviews of The Opposite of Amber. I'll have to read it soon and see what I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a lot of books on that list that I can't wait to read your reviews for (Montacute House, Prisoners in the Palace...) I've heard mixed things on The Opposite of Amber, but I don't think it's a book I'd like. I'm so happy you're reading Waterfall! I hope I haven't over-hyped it for you :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit envious .... you've read one of the books on my wish list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!

    @Books For Company Haha, it's the most I've read in a minth so far this year! I don't think I'll be able to get as much read this month with end of year exams coming up :(

    @Leanna I'll keep a look out for your review. I may consider trying it again in the future :)

    @Small Review Aww thanks! The Montacute House review is going up tomorrow and an interview with Lucy Jago later in the week. I got The Opposite Of Amber as a surprise review copy so I wasn't sure if it was for me either when I read the blurb. I'm sure you haven't over hyped it... you were spreading the excitement! I read the first chapter last night :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also loved the Easter holidays and many bank holidays and got a similar number of books finished. Can't wait for half term now! :p

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me smile! So thank you for taking the time to write one, I read all of them.
I try my best to reply here or on your blog :)

Stephanie x