Monday 2 May 2011

Royal Wedding Daily Dose (3)

Daily Dose is hosted by Good Golly Miss Holly, where bloggers showcase pretty and inspirational images

In celebration of the Royal Wedding on Friday I thought I'd do a special Daily Dose even though you might be feeling Royal Weddinged-out!
I had all my family around to watch the wedding and I was glued to the TV from the time all the guests started to arrive. Wasn't Kate's dress beautiful and the whole thing so romantic? I hope everyone who had to get up in the early hours of the morning thought it was worth it. Here are some of my favourite photos:


Royal wedding: Kate Middleton's wedding dress in pictures
THAT dress! I actually got so excited when she came out the hotel It was gorgeous and it really suited Kate in its pretty simplicity without being
over the top.

Prince William, Kate Middleton and her father, Michael

Prince William and Kate Middleton


Incredible scenes: The Mall, Westminster Abbey and Hyde Park let out huge cheers as William said 'I will'
Crowds outside Buckingham Palace- no wonder Kate said 'wow!'


The kiss that everyone came to see...


Kate and William leave Buckingham Palace
The perfect end to a perfect day..... I love the just wed sign!


Awww....

Happy: William and Kate surrounded by, clockwise bottom right, The Hon. Margarita Armstrong-Jones, Miss Eliza Lopes, Miss Grace van Cutsem, Lady Louise Windsor, Master Tom Pettifer, Master William Lowther-Pinkerton
The official photo
I love how everyone's looking forward all nicely and then one of the page boys is leaning forward mischeviously. They were adorable in their outfits! The flow of the dress is also wonderful because you can see the embroidery.

7 comments:

  1. I have to add this, because it was my tribute (on friday) to the Royal wedding. Stop by and look if you need a giggle today:
    http://www.thediaryofabookworm.com/2011/04/feline-fridays-go-royal-on-big-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm one of those people who had to get up in the wee hours of the morning (3:30 or so) to watch it. Consequently I kept dozing off during the ceremony, especially whenever the choir started singing, LOL. But I *was* awake for the balcony scene! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful.
    I love how the dress wasn't over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate's dress was gorgeous. My dress is a bit similar (but nowhere near as expensive/couture), so I'm grateful to her for bringing sleeves back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Royal Wedding, especially as I got to watch it from the comfort of my own home.

    I absolutely loved her dress. It was lovely and simple - but then not too simple. She really looked so pretty in it.

    However, I did get a little bit sick of it when still yesterday they were going over the highlights, speculating over the honeymoon destination and all the newspapers and magazines had them on them. But still, I loved the actual day.
    I also love that last picture - especially the page boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Rhinannon Awww! Yur cats are adorable and that's a hilarious post. Thanks for giving me the link :)

    @Danya
    I would have done that too to see it. Haha, I'm not surprised about the choir sending you to sleep lol. The balcony scene was definitely one of my favourite parts. The little bridesmaid who didn't like the noise was so cute!

    @Books For Company Me too! She could have made a big fashion statement but I'm glad she didn't because she looked stunning and it really suited her.

    @Tiny Library Wow- I bet you're glad! I loved the lace sleeves, your wedding dress sounds so pretty :)

    @Rebecca I did too and we had family around. I totally agree about the dress, she made the right descision and looked beauitful. I did watch the highlights that evening but the media coverage did get a bit much in the end. Yeah, that page boy just made the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got up very early to watch! What an exciting day!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me smile! So thank you for taking the time to write one, I read all of them.
I try my best to reply here or on your blog :)

Stephanie x