Tuesday 17 May 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Favourite supporting characters


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke And The Bookish

When I first read this week's topic I thought it was an excellent one but when I got down to writing the post, I couldn't actually think of all my favourite minor characters (I think it's to do with information overload because of school revision) but here are 6 of them :

1) Hana in Delirium



Hana had an interesting influence on the main character Lena and I loved their complicated best friend relationship.

2) Freida in The Chalet School series by Elinor M Brent Dyer
Frieda is amongst the girls here!

Frieda is one of the main character Joey's best friend and she always comes Joey down and gets her out of scrapes- always a good friend to have around.
The real Marie
Romonov


3) Mashka (Marie) in Anastasia's Secret by Susanne Dunlap

Mashka was actually a real person and she was a great supporting character in Anastasia's Secret because she had a lovely sisterly relationship with Anastasia and helped me to get an insight into the other Romonov girl's thoughts too.


4) Felix in Frederica by Georgette Heyer

Felix is a little rascal and gets himself into many escapades that would usually never occur in Regency London. He added a lot of fun and humour into the book and I loved him because of it.

 
5) Iris in House Of Secrets by Jennie Walters

Iris was a loyal and fantastic friend to the main character Olive when she was new at being a housemaid and without her events would never have turned out the way they did.


6) Becky in The Little Princess by Frances Hodgeson Burnett

Becky is the servant girl who lives in the attic with the main character Sara and I like Becky because she cheers Sara up, makes her more optimistic and still believe that all girls are princesses.


What are your favourite supporting characters?

3 comments:

  1. I loved Hana! I hope we get to see more of her in the next book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Becky. She was always my favourite in A Little Princess, and I couldn't stand Ermintrude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Becky too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me smile! So thank you for taking the time to write one, I read all of them.
I try my best to reply here or on your blog :)

Stephanie x