Thursday 14 October 2010

Coverlicious: Revolution by Jeniffer Donnelly US v UK


US                                                                         UK                              



US cover

I like the way that the cover is divided and there is a clear distinction between the 2 girls and of historical and contemporary but I think that the title doesn't stand out enough and the straight line down the middle doesn't make it look very professional. However, the photo of the girl on the left might make this book appeal more to contemporary fans.

UK cover

This is the cover that I have and it's definitely my favourite. They key features prominently in the story and I love the font of the title and the red. I think it would stand out to people a lot more because of its bold simplicity however the only down side is that it doesn't give much away about the story apart from the title and yo u can't really tell that there is contemporary too. On the hardback version that I have, I also like the texture of the jacket which has a kind of 'scroll' feel that matches the background.

The UK cover wins for me although both do have their qualities- which is your favourite and why?

I have only just started reading Revolution so I am a few chapters in and although I found the start a little confusing and hard going, I am enjoying it now and am assured that the further on in the book, the better it gets. I can't wait to read the rest!

3 comments:

  1. I have the US cover but it is a draw with me. I love both versions. They book have some great qualities. I am currently reading this book too, almost done and I love it!! What do you think of it so far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. TCB-
    I have only just started reading Revolution so I am a few chapters in and although I found the start a little confusing and hard going, I am enjoying it now and am assured that the further on in the book, the better it gets. I can't wait to read the rest! I've edited the post to add this in now :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the key too! I am so excited about getting hold of this book. I think I am going to have to buy it instead of waiting for it to come in at the library!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me smile! So thank you for taking the time to write one, I read all of them.
I try my best to reply here or on your blog :)

Stephanie x