Tuesday 19 October 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along and have fun! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
Share (preferably 2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

This week's teaser (paragraph!) comes from page 183. of Revolution by Jennifer Donelly, which I am about three quarters of the way through now.

'My heart's pounding as I finish the entry. I was so afraid for them. So afraid they wouldn't make it. I felt Alex' fear. For a moment I was there. I was there with her, running up the steps to the Hall of Mirrors. I felt her heart pounding. I heard the shouts of the mob as they came closer.'

3 comments:

  1. I loved Revolution. Definitely one of the most powerful YA books I've ever read. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it when you are finished.

    Here is my review: http://crazy-bookworm.blogspot.com/2010/10/revolution-by-jennifer-donnelly.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want this book so badly! In the end I had to buy it instead of waiting for it to get added to my library catalogue!

    I have loved everything that I have read from this author previously so I have very high hopes! Have you read her other books?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments!

    TCB- I've posted a review now, I'll post a link on your site incase you don't see it. I love how you expreseed Revolution in your review

    Marg- I haven't read any of Donnelly before but I'm planning to now after enjoying Revolution so much, she is an amazing author!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me smile! So thank you for taking the time to write one, I read all of them.
I try my best to reply here or on your blog :)

Stephanie x