Tuesday 5 October 2010

Top Ten Tuesday (2) Favourite Authors


The "Top Ten Tuesday" meme is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and this week's topic is our favorite authors

Mary Hooper


She is the author that introduced me to historical fiction for teenagers and I love her ability to transport you to a different time period with her engaging description and attention to detail.

Enid Blyton

Blyton was the first author that I read by myself and I have devoured most of her books except the rarer ones and have a second hand collection of about 100 of them. The first book that I read by her was The Faraway Tree with my Mum, I fell in love immediately. Whether I was reading about adventures or life in a girl's boarding school I was hooked- I partly owe my love o reading to Blyton!

Marie Louise Jensen

I love her YA historicals too, she is amazing at creating characters and with coming up with original storylines that have never really been explored properly. All her books have beautiful covers too :)

Caroleyn Meyer

For her contribution to the Royal Diaries Series, she is fantastic at bringing real people from history to life and really making you understand their emotions and their side of the story.

Eve Edwards

She is a debut author and so I have only read one book from her but I instantly fell in love with the way she creates an entire new world in the past with amazing characterisation and detail. I am really looking forward to the sequel of her novel The Other Countess, The Queen’s Lady which is coming out in January
.
Georgette Heyer

I have fallen in love with her witty regency romances with brilliant and memorable characters recently.

Elinor M Brent Dyer

For The Chalet School series, there are 62 books in the series so she was a very prolific writer.

Helen Dunmore

For her amazing Ingo series, my whole family loves it. It is still one of the only books where I actually really, really believed I was in the story, the descriptions of the underwater world of merkind are just so enthralling and captivating. If you haven't read The Ingo series yet, you need to!

Eva Ibbotson

I love the beautiful language and descriptions she uses in her books and the fact that many of them are set in or are involved with Austria. She also writes across a variety of genres from books about ghosts and monsters for tween readers to historicals and fantasies for teens and adults.

Cornelia Funke

For her Inkheart fantasy series

4 comments:

  1. This is great!! I am looking forward to reading some of these authors! :)

    Brandiheather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually haven't read the Ingo series yet (or heard very much about them) - guess I should pick the first one up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually don't know these authors except for Carolyn Meyer. Hopefully I can know more about these authors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you don't mind paranormal YA, then Meg Cabot's Mediator series (involves ghosts) is really fun - the main character has a lot of attitude, and there's romance but there's lots of dealing with angry ghosts too :D

    If not, then there's the Princess Diaries series, although the first 3 of these are really the best in my opinion - after that I thought they went downhill, though I think the last one's a bit better (I kind of skim-read it and I'm not sure I read the one before it, so I didn't really remember what had happened previously, lol).

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me smile! So thank you for taking the time to write one, I read all of them.
I try my best to reply here or on your blog :)

Stephanie x