Sunday 17 July 2011

In My Mailbox 17/7/11


In My Mailbox is held at The Story Siren and is where book bloggers share what books have made it into their house each week:

Here's my haul for this week (all from my school library.) I don't have photos of the book this week because my cameras out of memory:

Ivy By Julie Hearn


I actually gave up on this one half way when I tried it before moving onto another book I'd been looking forward to for ages but I thought I'd give it another try this summer. Hopefully I'll enjoy it more this time =)

Ash by Malinda Lo


This one's a retelling of Cinderella and I love fairytale retellings so hopefully this one will be no exception!

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


I've been meaning to read this series for AGES, especially after seeing all the buzz for the last book Mockingjay. I'm hoping I won't be disappointed because of the hype.

Falling Leaves by Adelin Yen Mah


I studied Chinese Cinderella a few years ago at school and Adelin Yen Mah's life story really interested me because there's so much to learn about Chinese culture and history so I decided to try this follow up.

The Traitor's Smile by Patricia Elliot


This is the sequel to The Pale Assassin, which I already have out from the library so I'm hoping to finish them both during the summer holidays. I've loved other books I've read about the French Revolution so this series sounds brilliant.

Have you read any of these books? What did you get in your mailbox this week?

10 comments:

  1. I definitely loved Ash! It was brilliant! I hope you enjoy it and your other books too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your reviews on these. I keep wavering back and forth on Ash. I STILL need to read The Hunger Games, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED the Hunger Games! Trust me, it's not overly hyped, it's amazing! I'm looking forward to hearing what you think :)
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't beleive I STILL haven't read Ash! The Hunger Games is a favorite of mine so I really hope you enjoy!

    Great books this week! Enjoy them all ^-^

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know about Falling Leaves, but I enjoyed Chinese Cinderella. I think I'll have to put this on my list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:57:00

    I never got into anything by Julie Hearn either! The Hunger Games are amazing, I can't believe you haven't read it yet! And Ash is unique and enjoyable.

    My mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love The Hunger Games and Ash looks really good!!I might give it a try!

    I am just an old follower hopping by!

    Check out IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ash is amazing..one of my favorites! I still haven't read Hunger Games, either!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been meaning to read Patricia Elliott for a while though I find the cover designs weird. They have these lovely historical-style photo and then splat this modern-looking block of colour in one corner. Very irritating. Which is why I haven't read them yet lol. It bothers me that much!

    Yes. I am strange like that. But as an artist, it just drives me nuts lol!

    Some good books. You'll enjoy Hunger Games :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think you will be disappointed with The Hunger Games. It is an amazing read.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me smile! So thank you for taking the time to write one, I read all of them.
I try my best to reply here or on your blog :)

Stephanie x