Today I finished school for summer- yay! I know in the US schools get a longer summer holidays than the 6 weeks given in the UK so that's why it might seem a bit late. So summer means sun (if I'm lucky!) and lots of reading and I thought I'd share with you the 16 books are on my line up to read this summer:
- Eight Keys by Suzanne Le Fleur
- Daughter of Xandu by Dori Jones Yang
- Die For Me by Amy Plum
- A Song For Summer by Eva Ibbotson ( I actually thought I'd read this one as it's been on my shelf for a few years but it turns out I haven't!)
- These Old Shades by Georgette Heyer
- Just Listen by Sarah Dessen (my first Dessen after I was recommended her books)
- Witch Child by Celia Rees
- The Keeper's Daughter by Gill Arbunthnott
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Troubadour by Mary Hoffman
- The Traitor's Smile by Patricia Elliot
- Emma by Jane Austen
- The Betrayal of Maggie Blair by Elizabeth Laird
- River Secrets by Shannon Hale
- The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory (my first Philippa Gregory)
- Shadows On The Moon by Zoe Marriott
I probably won't get through them all but I want to use all the free time I have in the holidays to get through as many of the unread books that I own as possible and I'd like to read at least 10. There are some favourites I'd like to re-read too such as Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, Anne Of Green Gables by L.M Montgomery and Party Shoes by Noel Streatfield.
Also, I might not post as regularly or consistently as usual because I have an Italian friend staying with me for a month who I only get to see once a year so I want to spend time with her. There will also be one week where I won't be updating, which is about three weeks from now.
Have you read any of these books? What did you think of them? What are you planning to read this summer?