Sunday 26 September 2010

Coverlicious (2): Cover Wars- I Was Jane Austen's Best Friend by Cora Harrison

Coverlicious is a new feature that I am holding here, where I am going to do spotlights on different things to do with covers from photos of cover art from different editions of book and trends in cover art to comparing US and UK versions of a cover or simply just posting about a cover that I have fallen in love with. I'm intending just to feature Coverlicious posts here but if you would like to join in or do a guest Coverlicious post, please see my contact page.



UK

US

 I adore the UK cover, it  has the look for a more light hearted and girly book- the swirly designs and drawings are so cute! It was this cover that drew me to the book when I was browsing on Amazon and this was suggested to me. Whereas the US cover looks like a snapshot from a period drama making it look more like a historical romance and the photo is beautiful. However, I think that the UK cover would stand out more on the shelf from other historicals. I love them both so I can't decide which is my favourite but I think it depends on the kind of person you are.



Paberpack
I found this paperback cover when I was searching for images of the covers and fell in love with it! The two elements that I love so much about the first 2 covers have been combined, the swirly writing and flowers along with the period photo. The dress gives the book an Austen feel to the book and I like that you cannot see the full face of the character as I like to imagine this, the little blonde curl is sweet too. The only thing that I don't like about this cover is that it is slightly too crowded so the flowers need to be smaller but other than than it is stunningly gorgeous! <3  I really want to buy this edition when it is released as I borrowed the copy I read from the library.
What are your thoughts on the covers?

4 comments:

  1. I like the first one, the UK version. I tend to like covers without photos, and I think the little bird is just adorable.

    I love this feature on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this feature! I think I like the UK version best, it's kinda chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I am brand new to the book blog-o-sphere. It is a great place here.

    I like the UK cover. Sometimes, most of the time I rather come up with my own faces.

    Mad Scientist

    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually prefer the US cover, but then again I always stray to that costumed elegant look. I can see how the UK cover would be quite popular and I know many who would choose that one!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me smile! So thank you for taking the time to write one, I read all of them.
I try my best to reply here or on your blog :)

Stephanie x