Wednesday 8 September 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (4) : Belle's Song by K.M Grant

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature held by Jill at Breaking The Spine, which encourages book bloggers to post about books that they are eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is: Belle's Song by K.M Grant

When Belle meets Luke, son of an alchemist and Scribe to the famous poet Chaucer, she is determined to travel with him to Canterbury on a pilgrimage. She hopes for a miracle: that her father will walk again. She also hopes to atone for her own part in his accident. It is a time of unrest across the country and the young King Richard II is just hanging on to his throne. A malign character on the pilgrimage suspects Chaucer of treason and slowly winds Belle into a political intrigue. At the same time, the impulsive Belle is drawn towards both Luke and to Walter, the wealthy son of a Knight. But Walter himself is in love with Luke...As the uprising against the King starts to draw pace and the web of intrigue around Belle and Chaucer tightens, Belle and her friends must risk everything to save their country and themselves...

I love stories set in Medieval times and I like the sound of incorporating Chaucer into it as I haven't read much about him before. The love triangle sounds like a good twist to the story.
The cover is just so beautiful and it looks so bright and intriguing but at the same time fitting in with the time period it is set in.

Belle's Song is published by Quarcus Publishing and its release date has been delayed until early 2011

Welcome to my blog if this is your first time visiting, feel free to take a look around and read a few posts. I'd love to hear from any visitors in the comments and if you like, leave a link to your WOW post and I'll try and take a look at it.

10 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great book. I love period pieces so I'll make sure to keep my eye out for it. Thanks for the suggestion!!

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh loving the sound of this historical fiction with some romance and Chaucer, how can you go wrong. Thanks for this I am putting it on the wish list now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love historical things, especially medival times! Thanks!
    The Delusional Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great historical read. I love the cover on it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds interesting... Alchemy AND Chaucer... seems like ingredients for trouble XD

    I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Historical fiction + Me = a match made in heaven. I'm putting this one on my list now---thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't heard of this one before, but sounds like it has potential. That cover is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me with this one when they mentioned Chaucer, love these types of medieval stories to read!



    My WOW this week at Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories is for a Historical Romance...

    jackie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh! I love Chaucer! This sounds like such a fun book! I love it when real historical writers show up in novels. (Lord Byron in Hex Hall, anyone? haha) Great pick! Adding this one to my list right now =)

    Casey
    The Bookish Type

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad that I've helped you find this book and add it to your TBR lists.

    The Bookish Type- I hadn't heard of Hex Hall before but I've looked it up and it sounds interesting so thanks for mentioning it. Also, thanks for following!

    I'm off to look at your WOW posts now (sorry it's a bit late!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me smile! So thank you for taking the time to write one, I read all of them.
I try my best to reply here or on your blog :)

Stephanie x