Friday 12 November 2010

Hopping Away and Follow Friday!



















Welcome to any visitors who got here through the weekly Book Hop - especially those who are first time visitors- (a Book Party) organised by Jennifer @ Crazy for Books or Follow A Book Blog Friday hosted by Parajunkee's View so that book bloggers can share their blog with other book lovers and also find new blogs to 'follow.' To get involved all you have to do is post your blog link at the bottom of the 'linky list' on Crazy For Books and/or Parajunkee's View, answer the weekly question (for the hop) on your blog and get hopping around!

This weeks Book Hop question/topic is: "If you find a book that looks interesting but is part of a series, do you always start with the first title?"

Yes. I always try to read a series in order for example I received a review copy for Entice by Carrie Jones recently and I have ordered the first 2 books in the series so that I can read them first. Otherwise, I wouldn't understand the back story and events that have already happened! I am also reading the Chalet School series by Elinor M Brent Dyer but there are about 62  books in all. I have quite a few of them but if I am missing the next in order I have to buy it first- I don't want to miss out on it! The only exception to reading series out of order is Enid Blyton's Famous Five, which I read completely out of order but although there is a certain amount of chronology regarding the character's ages, each book is really its own adventure.


This week's Follow Friday question is:  What is your usual monthly book budget?

Since I'm 13 I don't really have one and I borrow most of my books from the library anyway. Occasionally, my mum will order a book off Amazon as a treat for me or we go to a second hand bookshop and buy a lot of books at once.


Don't forget to leave a link to your blog in a comment so I can check it out, I will try my best to reply :D

Thank you for stopping by and enjoy your weekend!


12 comments:

  1. Hi, Stephanie! Old follower here. :) Wow! You have an ARC for Entice! Weee! I had fun reading the first two books. How I wish I could read Entice too. :) Happy Reading!

    -Len of Musings of a Reader Happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, What a great blog! We love your wallpaper - So homey!

    See our Answers
    http://itsabookthingblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...old follower. Yay, for the library! Makes a librarian happy to hear...

    Hope you come by and see my answer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, just came trough the hop and wish you a awesome weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish my mom would buy me books! LOL

    Happy FF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from the hop to say hi. (I tried to put myself on a book budget once. It didn't work. But I don't splurge on anything else.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. I'm following you. I don't spend much on books - I mostly go to the library too.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having a book budget is just pointless...most of us bookworms would break it anyway :D My mom used to treat at the bookstore for me, too. It's so nice of yours to do that, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can dive right into the middle of a book series if the series' story
    doesn't run chronologically.

    That is to say, if each novel in a series is a stand-alone story (like Lee
    Child's Reacher novels) then I don't feel the need to start with book one.

    On the other hand, a series of books (like Richard Hatch's Battlestar
    Galactica novels) can't be read out of sequence since each new book builds
    upon the story of the previous entry in the series.

    Happy Book Blogger Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Stephanie,

    Thanks for hopping by The Enchanted Book! Your blog is impressive.

    Have a great one!

    Selena
    http://theenchantedbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, thanks for visiting and commenting everyone!

    Maidenveil- yes, Need has come into the library for me so I'm looking forward to starting it soon. Yay for the library

    I've stopped by everyone elses's blogs too t reply to their comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great blog! I try to put myself on a book budget every month but I have yet to follow it...no impulse control lol

    www.quirky-fate-press.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me smile! So thank you for taking the time to write one, I read all of them.
I try my best to reply here or on your blog :)

Stephanie x