Tuesday 9 November 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Enna Burning by Shannon Hale

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along and have fun! Just do the following:


• Grab your current read and open to a random page
Share (preferably 2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

I am up to page 100, which is at the end of chapter 7 and where the quote comes from:

'In the stillness, the hungry crackling sound of fires wafted from the camp through her window. To Enna it seemed as if the sound itself could ignite the wooden shutters.'

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't aware that Ancilla meant "slave girl" in Latin but that makes a little more sense now! She's actually the governess to a really spoiled girl, and there is a running argument between her and Waldo throughout the book about whether or not she is treated well by her employer/her position is suitable (he doesn't like the fact that she's a governess at all). So thanks for that info! (No hope for Waldo though. That is just a bad choice for a hero's name.)

    Also great to see you enjoyed The Healer's Apprentice! I love that cover :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me smile! So thank you for taking the time to write one, I read all of them.
I try my best to reply here or on your blog :)

Stephanie x