Tuesday 2 November 2010

Teaser Tuesday: The Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson

The beautiful cover
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along and have fun! Just do the following:

 
• Grab your current read and open to a random page

Share (preferably 2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

I don't want to give away much of the story and there were so many lovelyquotes that I could hardly choose between them so I decided to use the opening paragraph:

'The townspeople of Hagenheim craned their necks as they peered down the cobblestone street, hoping to catch a glimpse of the Duke of Hagenheim's two handsome sons. The top-heavy , half-timbered houses hovered above the crows as if they too were eager to get a peek at Lord Hamlin and Lord Rupert.'

I finished The Healer's Apprentice last evening and it is among my favourite books now, it really is that wonderful! Look out for my review in the coming weeks.....





 

4 comments:

  1. Very nice teaser! I want to read this book now too. My teaser is from Carousel Tides by Sharon Lee. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Stephanie! I am reading The Silent Governess by Julie Klassen. From page 86:
    One further thought followed her back up to the nursery. If she had overheard a conversation no one was meant to hear ... had Croome heard it as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous09:27:00

    LOVED this book!! ACFW On-Line Book Club just discussed this book and Melanie dropped in and told us some very interesting things about how this book was published and how she came up with the idea.

    The ACFW book club LOVE her book too!! I'm glad to see you telling others about this really fun, and thought provoking book.

    Nora St.Laurent
    The Book Club Network
    www.bookfun.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments!

    I like all your teasers too :D

    Anon- I couldn't agree more, THA is amazing. Everyone should read it, particularly teenage girls. I'll be reviewing it next week.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me smile! So thank you for taking the time to write one, I read all of them.
I try my best to reply here or on your blog :)

Stephanie x