Wednesday 27 April 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Rouge's Princess by Eve Edwards

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme held by Jill at Breaking The Spine where bloggers feature books that are not yet released that they can't wait to get their hands on!

My pick this week:

The Rogue's Princess (The Other Countess)

The Rouge's Princess by Eve Edwards

Goodreads description:

1586– London, England. Sixteen-year-old Mercy Hart is the daughter of one of London’s richest – and strictest – cloth merchants. Kit Turner is an actor and the illegitimate son of the late Earl of Dorset. A chance encounter finds Kit falling for the beautiful Mercy’s charms, but their love is forbidden. A merchant’s daughter and a vagabond – it simply cannot be. If Mercy chooses Kit she must renounce her family name and leave her home. Will she favour duty over true love, or will she give Kit his heart’s desire?

Release Date: 4th July

Why I want to read it:

I absolutely loved the first two books in this Lacey Romance series, The Other Countess and The Queen's Lady (click to see reviews) so I can't wait for the third one to be released to find out what happens next. Kit, the main character of this book was introduced in the Queen's Lady and I'm looking forward to finding out more about Will and James Lacey's (the love interests of the first two books) illegitimate brother and the girl he loves. Bring on more history, romance, swoon worthy heroes and Tudor intrigue.......

I like the blue colour scheme for this book with the pretty swirls but it just looks too much liken adult romance to me and I'm still disappointed that they changed the cover designs for this series.

What are you waiting on?

2 comments:

  1. I loved The Other Countess but didn't enjoy The Queen's Lady as much as the first book though it was still good. I hope I enjoy this one as much as the first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover is gorgeous, I'd buy it for that alone.


    clarkmurdock@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me smile! So thank you for taking the time to write one, I read all of them.
I try my best to reply here or on your blog :)

Stephanie x